Welcome

I am so glad you are visiting our blog today! Feel free to stay as long as you like. Hope you enjoy your visit & please do come by again. You & your friends are always welcome. Have a blessed day!



Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"Titus Grove"

I really wish I could remember what blog I was reading; but the blog had a great post on putting a name to your home/property. I tried to look for it but when you google "name your home" A LOT of stuff came up & I never found it. Anyhow, from what I can remember the blogger (whom I will refer to as she) had great reasons as to why you should name your home. I remember thinking she was really onto something. She had said that it gives you a real feeling of ownership and allows you to feel more responsible for making sure it is taken care of. She had other great things to say about it & I so wish I could link you to it, but I decided after reading it that I would talk to my husband about naming our new home. Here's the thing.....we were in the stages of looking for a home, we hadn't bought this one yet! But he thought it was a great idea as well.
The fun part was that every time we went to look at a house, we thought about what name we would give that house. We really had a hard time coming up with any (houses or names) that we liked. I prayed about it because I didn't want it to just be a name for naming sake. I really wanted it to stand for something. I also knew that when we found the home we would have a name for it as well.
Flashback several years ago......my husband & I began ministering under the name "Titus Principles Ministry" thus the blog name! We really had a heart to share with others the message the Lord gave to Paul for his friend Titus; For this reason I left you [behind] in Crete, that you might set right what was defective and finish what was left undone, and that you might appoint elders and set them over the churches (assemblies) in every city as I directed you. (ch1 vs5)
We really believe that the things spoken about in the book of Titus are for today. If you get a chance read the book of Titus.  Its only 3 chapters but it is packed with so many wonderful lessons. It will also give you a glimpse of what we have set our hearts on doing in the ministry.
Well, as you know, we are in our new home and so the time has come to name it! We really wanted to incorporate Titus in the name. We didn't want to call it a farm because it really isn't one (even tho we will be gardening and raising a few farm animals). We didn't want to use the word estate because it just didn't fit. We also didn't like acres. So we came up with Grove. We like it. Although when you look up the meaning of grove it doest really fit. But who cares, not everything has to be so perfectly fitting. We think it sounds good & some day (hopefully in October) we will be planting some fruit trees in nice rows & that will make it a real grove. In the mean time there are many other things to do here at "Titus Grove", so I best get to them.
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment