Welcome

I am so glad you are visiting our blog today! Feel free to stay as long as you like. Hope you enjoy your visit & please do come by again. You & your friends are always welcome. Have a blessed day!



Thursday, January 19, 2012

New Series coming! Virtuous Women

I know its a little late to say HAPPY NEW YEAR, but Happy new year. I am a little behind on the new series because I was tending to my mommy duties with sick kids! I apologize for the delay & thank you for the prayers that went up for the sick kiddos!

Well we are into a new year, a fresh start. A chance to forget the things that are behind us and press towards those resolutions. One of the songs we led worship with on January 1st was "How He Loves Us" and the line that ministered to my heart was "I dont have time to maintain these regrets, when I think about, the way He loves us".
We all have regrets from the past year. One of mine was that I dont feel that I was doing ALL I could to be the best wife & mother. Now. I cant dwell on the ways I feel that I let my family down; but I can change what I do from here forward. The God I serve is a merciful God & I know that He has called me to this life that I have & we all have heard that God equips those that He calls! If He has called me to be a wife and mother then I know He will give me everything I need to "do" this ministry.
I call it a ministry because that is what it is. A ministry by definition is "a person or thing through which something is accomplished". I am a person. the THING that needs accomplished is raising my children to be productive members of society but more importantly that they have a personal relationship with the Lord. I also need to accomplish things related to being a wife & homemaker! We all know what that includes. Let's start this series discussing what God's will is for every wife.

Genesis 2:18(AMP)

18Now the Lord God said, It is not good (sufficient, satisfactory) that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper meet (suitable, adapted, complementary) for him.

First and foremost we must put our relationship with Christ as our main priority. Once we have come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ we need to focus on building a RELATIONSHIP with Him. Through Christ we will be able to fulfill our calling to be a Help meet for our Husbands.
For several years I struggled with my next statement-We must put our Husbands after God but before anyone or anything else! Including our children. I know some moms (like myself in the past) have a hard time not putting our kids 2nd in line of priorities. I promise you that if you stick with me and begin to understand the calling God has on your life to be a virtuous wife, (Proverbs 31:10 (NKJV) Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies) then you will come to understand why I feel this is what the Lord glories in. Not only will the lord glory in it but the Bible tells us that we are the glory of our husbands. We were created for our husbands and not the other way around   

 1 Corinthians 11:7-9(NKJV)7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man is not from woman, but woman from man. 9 Nor was man created for the woman, but woman for the man. So with knowing this I want to give a few ideas of ways we can be the Glory of our hubby.
1. Do not talk bad about him. I know we all have things that bug us about our hubby but we should always speak of him in a manner that points out his positive traits. Do not lie but find the good things to share with others.
2. Make sure to spend time with him every day. Talk & connect.
3. Steal little moments during the day to let him know how you feel about him..positive things.
4. Make him look good! If you are going out (anywhere) be that "trophy wife"
5. Make sure you encourage him in his job, parenting, and most importantly his relationship with Christ.
These are just a few things. I will give other tips & ideas as we go along in this series. If you have any tips please feel free to comment and share them as well.
I look forward to the next few weeks or however long God chooses to allow this series to go. I am so glad you are along with me and others as we become the Virtuous Women God wants us to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment